Friday 23 March 2012

Solipsist: Short film by Andrew Thomas Huang


This film absolutely fascinates me. I'm unsure if the artist intends for it to be read in any specific way, but I loved just watching it and seeing where it took my mind. I just find it so tactile, so incredibly lush. The first scene is such a beautiful depiction of being absolutely engulfed by something. The rattling beads, feathers and tassels slithering over their bodies made my skin crawl, I want to writhe in a dense mass of these textures. Then slowly: electric pops and squeaks. A community of craft-project aquatic beings, gradually growing more numerous while their bizarre interactions became more frenzied: a battle, a dance, a mating ritual? Finally the psychedelic sand, melting into itself, the endless potential of human thought, the umbilical connection, the surreal explosion of grains billowing out into organic clouds. What a feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment